Pile Drilling Tools
Recently, TMS designed and built a tool for the removal of hard seabed material inside or below mono and/or jacket piles with a diameter of 3 meter. The seabed material is excavated by means of drilling and removed by air-lift. The tool is provided with a high and a low pressure jetting system which is capable of cleaning the pile from any kind of marine growth.
Specifications Pile drilling tool:
- tool can operate up to a water depth of 100 meter.
- hydraulic clamping arms for inside pile clamping.
- drilling head is provided with crusher rollers (hard steel) or teeth (wear resistant materials) which are exchangeable.
- tool is provided with an air-lift system to bring the drilled / dredged material up.
- drill drive can generate a torque of 300 kNm.
- depths, rotating speed, drilling torque etc. can be supervised and set from a control cabin on deck. (40ft flat rack)
- supplied with a diesel / hydraulic power unit and a hose and cable reel of 4 m diameter.